Monday, September 12, 2011

Slow Club - Two Cousins

Sheffield's Slow Club might have originally caught your eye when they played water glasses, or their adorable single "Christmas TV" that inevitably end up on indie christmas mixes every year, or maybe this is the first you're hearing of them. Their sound has grown up, there is now more rock and less twee, and it works for them. In a way it's twee music for people who don't think they like twee. It's messy and lively and I find that combination irresistible. I know I'm late to be writing about this album that was released in June, but during the perfect September weekend I was completely immersed in this album, recklessly dancing around my apartment without a care. We all need albums that allow you to do that, perhaps Paradise is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...