Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chic Gamine - Closer

Chic Gamine at La Tulipe // Credit: Tete
Sometimes, in all this noise, I miss hearing a simple voice, especially female voices. Looking at my personal list of 2011's top 10 records, none of them were female fronted. So to show some love for those that sometimes get overlooked, here are four great female fronted songs to listen to right now. If I wanted to be honest I'd admit that I looked for these songs to keep me from listening to old Tori Amos records. All from the (legal) SXSW torrent too.

Chic Gamine - Closer [site]
"Don't forget your heart here" 
2009 Juno Award Winners

Doe Paoro - Can't Leave You [Bandcamp]

Elle King - Good To Be A Man
Love sarcasm in songs. And in general.
She only has myspace and twitter so here's a youtube video

Amy Bezunartea - Restaurants & Bars [site]
Can't find love in a restaurant or a bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...